Cheap magnetic tiles review kmart/dicksmith

Hello today I'm going to share with you my view on our two set of cheap magnetic tiles.

one set is the Kmart 50 Piece Magnetic Block Tiles 27$ AUS

The other set is the 120 Piece Magnetic Tile Set 59$ AUS from Kogan or dick smith

I was really interested to get a set of magnetic tiles to see if my children will like it I love the endless possibilities of play that they offered. But once I checked out the Magna-tiles and saw the price I just couldn't afford it. And pretty much all other main brands. In Australia, it will cost at a minimum of 150$ for a little set. Again this is way out of our budget for a toy that I thought was really cool. But I wasn't sure if my children will play with it. So I bought the Kmart little set for my daughter's birthday. She loved it!!! To be honest we all did and it is still the favorite toy in the house. Even my 9month old is obsessed with them. So I got an extra set to get more tiles to create bigger constructions. I was hoping the Kogan tiles will have stronger magnets.

kmart and kogan magnetic tiles next to each other

We have been playing with both set for 3month now and we never had any broken tiles or magnet coming out. I have a baby in the house so that was something that was scaring me. You can see that the tiles from dick smith have 4 little holes compare to the other one. They both have the same amount of magnets and to be truly honest they are pretty much the same in magnet power.

This was one of my fear of buying cheap tiles. That the magnet will not be strong enough to be able to make tall construction or to put little toys inside buildings.

You can definitely create tall buildings BUT because of the magnet not been that strong you need to be strategic about your construction. I think it brings some great problem-solving skills but it can also bring great frustration for little ones.

Overall I'm so happy with both sets and I'm so glad that I got them. I can't see any difference between the 2 sets apart for different designs and colors. They both work very well together.

Comments